On August 28th, I had the pleasure of talking to one of my fave funnymen, Facebook experts and fellow comedy improviser, Brian Carter. We talked about his upcoming co-authored book, The Cowbell Principle (I am not going to him all the credit!), Facebook, how B2B needs to be thinking about marketing, and we are not above jargon-shaming for fun.
B2B Facebook Marketing – Tidbits from the Podcast
Here are a few of the things we discussed:
2. You can target your ads pretty narrowly with Facebook’s tools, so you can reach people in a business capacity. Yes, it can be B2B and Facebook’s audience is much bigger than the LinkedIn audience, at least today.
3. Close to the dollar still matters when it comes to returns. Companies can and should be thinking about lead-gen strategies with Facebook – for example, webinars, case studies, downloads…these can all be linked from Facebook to a company’s website. Do it!
4. I think it’s also important to remember that companies can use Facebook to crowd-source product and service ideas and that not only lowers research costs, it reduces product risk.
5. The world needs more cowbell. No argument from me. Get your copy of The Cowbell Principle sometime in Sept/Oct.
6. Finally – and very importantly – don’t use leverage, synergize and paradigm-shifting in your marketing. Ever. Unless of course you do it for fun! Then, let ‘er rip.
Enough Talk! Listen to the Podcast with Brian Carter
How do you approach B2B Facebook marketing? What tips did you get from the podcast? Let us know in the comments below.