I had a great conversation with fellow marketer, entrepreneur and humorist, cartoonist Kriti Vichare on my podcast Nov 26th. If you are an entrepreneur, you have to be able to laugh (and learn from) the inevitable stumbles along the otherwise romanticized path. She is the creator of the #entrepreneurfail comic series.
Big Marketing Lessons
- Open your ideas to others. The value isn’t in the idea alone; it’s in the execution of the idea. Share early and often and get feedback. Being secretive won’t work for an entrepreneur. It will hurt you more than it will help you.
- Failure isn’t really failure. The lessons you learn will allow you to pivot and come up with a newer, better idea.
- Be brief and get to the big idea in your marketing. Less is more. If you can’t explain it in a big headline, try again.
- Find your voice – the REAL you
- Always ask how you can build an emotional connection with your audience. That’s what makes your ideas shareable.
What powerful and humorous lessons about marketing have you learned in your entrepreneurial journey? Leave a comment below.
Check Out Marketing Podcasts at Blog Talk Radio with kathyklotzguest on BlogTalkRadio
I love the phrase “failure really isn’t failure”.That couldn’t be more true. The only time failure is failure is when you keep making the same mistakes. You should learn from your failures and grow from them. Thank you so much for sharing this post.