The Top 5 Worst LinkedIn Business Pick-Up Lines
A few years ago, I wrote this post about bad linkedin notifications.
I am happy to say I am getting less spam, although I think it’s because I’m filtering more, or the AI bots are hard at work keeping that stuff away. Either way, progress. LinkedIn has gotten better. Way to go, #linkedin. I am still getting those notifications and invites that are well…the business version of super awful ‘pick-up’ lines.
Here are my top 5 worst LinkedIn pick-up lines, 2017 version, and my thoughts about them.
5. ..”So I am an influencer…” LOL. Ok then. I see we attended the ‘Ron Burgundy’ School of Influence.
4. ..”We’re experts at…” Wait. What? Who are you?
3. ..”It was great to meet you at x” I was not at X event, but I respect your commitment to the cause. Ballsy. Wait, was I there??? No, I was NOT there. Nice one, though.
2. ‘We help thousands of social media folks like you…” Wow. Way to make me feel special. I am not a social media expert, though. Nice try!
1. ..”You are a top voice in your industry, so I would like to connect.” You don’t even know what I do, do you? My family doesn’t either. Way to sort of, kind of know what I almost, maybe do.
How about you? What makes you laugh and cringe at the same time?
When they jump right to 3rd base with, “when can we schedule 15 minutes to chat about XYZ?”
That’s a classic!;-)